Tuesday, May 6, 2014

I Don't Like Mothers Day

Let me tell you why.

I don't want to sound ungrateful- I really don't!  But, I could do without the store bought card.  Flowers are always nice, but they will wilt ( and guess who is going to have to throw them out and wash out the gunky water from the vase?)

Honestly, one day a year, a $5 card and overpriced flowers do not make this job any easier. I'd rather get something I know that I need.  Something that actually makes motherhood a little easier.  Something that is personal.  Something I use the whole year!

This year, I am asking the people I love to give me a community of friends and people who understand me. This year, I'm just asking the people who love me to skip the card and the flowers and make a donation to The Mommies Network instead.

The Mommies Network is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization, which means that it can't continue to bring FREE support to moms without help.

It's super easy and takes just a second!  Just click on the image you would prefer below and you can post it right to your Facebook Wall. Tag the people you know will be sending you a card and ask for this instead!  Best of all, you actually are saving time (and money) of those people you love, because this takes just a minute.  We will even be send out a personalized E-Card to you on Mothers Day to let you know that person has made a donation in your honor.

Give up the Mommy Myth that you can't ask for what you need, and tell the people that love you to skip the card... you'd prefer a circle of friends this Mothers Day!

Click here to Share this image on your Facebook Wall

Click here to Share this image on your Facebook Wall



0 comments:

Follow Us

TMN Blog Roll